Capture the excitement and beauty of the South Pacific Islands. Learn the fundamentals of traditional and contemporary Tahitian, Hawaiian and New Zealand Maori dance, art, music, crafts and drumming. Our 3,000 sq. ft. facility will take you back to the islands with its tropical atmosphere of bamboo, palm trees and exotic talking birds.
Hula Halau ‘O Makalapua, Marama Te Mafatu Nui offers people of all descents the opportunity to develop poise and confidence in the medium of dance, as well as the continuity of one’s cultural heritage through the instruction of music, arts, and crafts of the islands. Students learn confidence, self-expression, to dance in unity with others, stage presence, proper execution of their dance, and language.
We believe that if we can teach our students the “Aloha Spirit” of strong family values, spiritual guidance and nurture their growth, then we have contributed to their tomorrows… a future bright with promise.
Throughout the year students will learn both Hawaiian and Tahitian. Maori dances are taught at specified times of the year. Students are placed in class levels at the discretion of the instructor based on skill, attendance, accountability, motivation, stage presence and knowledge of form and technique. In addition, we offer sewing workshops to teach our students how to cut and assemble fabric to make dresses and shirts. This workshop is available to both the Wahine and Kane.
- Monday 6:30-7:30pm Wahine and Kane Beginner/Intermediate Hawaiian/Tahitian
- Monday 7:30-8:45pm Wahine and Kane Advance Hawaiian / Tahitian
- Tuesday 11:30am – 2:30pm Ukulele Band / Kane Hula
- Tuesday 4:30-5:15pm Keiki Ukulele Level 2, Drumming and Dance
- Tuesday 6:30-7:45pm Ukulele Class Beginners Adult/Teen
- Tuesday 7:30pm-8:45pm Tahitian Ori
- Tuesday 7:45pm Drumming Class Adult / Teen
- Wednesday 10:30am HULA CLASS off-site at Doelgers Rec Ctr in Daly City
- Wednesday 5:30-6:15pm Keiki Ukulele Class Beginners
- Wednesday 6:30-7:30pm Pre-Teen Int. Tahitian / Hawaiian
- Wednesday 7:30-8:40pm Tahitian Int / Adv
- Thursday 5:30-6:15pm Keiki Beginners I / II
- Thursday 6:30-7:30pm Island Infusion Cardio Bootcamp
- Thursday 7:30-8:30pm Tahiti Intense
- Friday 6:30pm Advanced Tahitian and Drumming
- Saturday 10:00am-11am Island Infusion Cardio Bootcamp
- ….. Call in advance for SATURDAY dates